After 10 hours (it's an 8-hour trip) we made it to Grammie and Grandpa's for fun in the sun! Kids loved having a pool right outside the door...and I did too! I sat in my jammies having tea and coffee with Mom and Dad while the kids turned into pruney-fish! Low maintenance -- especially since Mom keeps the cupboard's full and Grandpa keeps the pool clean and the cars full of gas -- a B&B I recommend highly! For 2 1/2 weeks we ate, soaked up the sun and had some great days with friends and family.
Had to go to The Pier in downtown St. Pete -- all about tourists, love it!
Expensive candy, cheap seashell jewelry for the kids and yummy lunch (thanks Dad!) at Cha Cha Coconuts! Love the Pier! (http://www.stpete-pier.com/)
It was rainy and cloudy at St. Pete beach but we made the best of it -- spending too much money (ahem) at Caddy's and the kids loved the 'big' waves with Uncle Jack and Danielle, Nicole and friend Leeanna (sp?) Danielle and Nicole in pic.
A little shopping at Beall's and Publix with
Mom -- fun as always; we laugh too much. The "kids" look great, all in HS now. Amazing! And we cannot forget the great 4th of July concert! Jack and Ed rocked the house with the Ozark Mountain Daredevils and other great tunes from the 1900's -- next year they're going to try and learn the words before the show. Opening for JackEd was The Plumber (I made that up -- Mike Plumb...Plumbago?) Well anyway...
Kids craft day was fun -- we cut holes and sewed stars -- turned out good, huh?
Okay, what else...we repaired drainage problems at our Fla. house and swam in the canal and posed for pictures and swam with Hayden from across the street and went to visit Claudia (and Mikey and Chase) to see their new house and had dinner with Hugo and Ava and did crafts with Grammie and Grandpa! I'm gonna try and get some more pics up but right now I have to run!

No comments:
Post a Comment