Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Holidays Are Here!

The kids enjoyed a lot of activities at school during the holiday season -- I did enjoy many (if not all) teachers and fellow-parents extending "Merry Christmas" wishes vs. "Happy Holidays." This is a great area of Georgia with good "all American," Christian values. We're so glad to be among the majority here! Okay, enough of the soap box...on with the pictures.

It all started in early December with holiday luncheons (ahem...Christmas luncheons!)...first Chase on Tuesday and then Madie on Thursday. Turkey and Stove Top stuffing (Chase ranted about how "this is the best stuffing I've ever had".... he didn't touch my "Bell Seasoning" version the week prior!)

During Madison's luncheon we all enjoyed a special rendition of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer sung by her class! She's in the first row, second from the left.





Not long after that, and after celebrating a few birthdays, we drove out to Thompson's Christmas Tree Farm to pick out the perfect tree. We thought we might cut our own but couldn't resist the majestic 10' tall firs. Any one would certainly withstand the weight of our ornaments, each with its own story, and stand tall in our great room -- something I was really hoping for. So we found the perfect tree... Okay, almost perfect, I couldn't see the TV from the kitchen sink any more but twas a small sacrifice.











The next thing on our list was attending the Duncan Creek First Grade presentation of 'Jingle All the Way' -- It was great -- Madie is in the second row on stage (behind Santa's chair) and her special friend Matthew even had a special role as one of the elves.













And we had tons of fun at the Polar Express party (1st Grade) -- I even volunteered to help with snacks and hot chocolate -- you should've seen me in my jammies...or not! And Chase had a great party in his class. They played Bingo and made reindeer food and decorated cookies (I brought in the trees!) Madie made a cute little "gingerbread" house... actually Chase did that too! We had three houses to eat this year!










The Christmas cantata at our church was absolutely wonderful...hundreds made up the choir and orchestra!
The holidays continue...I'll post this and start another post ...some day soon!






1 comment:

Andrea said...

Love your jammies!